New Moto STB's???
jqwhite

I am a Fios customer and I live in Braintree, MA 02184. Now recently I was at a friends house in Dot 02122 they have comcast. They recently got the new black Moto box for HD and DVR. Is Fios going to be using the same boxes and if so when?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: New Moto STB's???
Hubrisnxs
Legend

FiOS is using the Motorola 7100 P2 (already on their website) which is all black and new from motorola. and they are using the 7232 P2 which has a 500 gb hard drive which is also all black and new from motorola.  they have released limited quantities of the first one and I haven't heard of anyone using the 500gb hd dvr yet,   those are supposedly supposed to come out in by nov dec time frame, but who knows for sure...   supposed to be right around the corner on the bigger hd one,  and the 7100 p2 High def box is out in limited qty's. 

0 Likes
jqwhite

Thanks for the reply! I would like to get my hands on a black one so it matches everything. Sounds tacky I know, but I want one. The 7100 seems like it will fit the bill. Yet the bigger HD space would really help. I will have to call and see which one if any is available in my area. Worst case I hold out and keep what I have until the 7232 comes out.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if you order a new box, ask for a tech install    the new 7100's require a tech install from what I hear, so if they ship you one it might be questionable as to which box you get.   

if a tech drops by you will probably get one for sure, BUT the rep may quote you charges for a tech coming out.   so I am not sure how that will play out. 

0 Likes