New TV Won't Go Between HD and non-HD Channels without turning TV off and on again
sbgboc

This is weird and I can't seem to find anything in my new TV owners manual about this issue, but when I go from an HD to non-HD channel, I get a message telling me I need to change the resolution on my computer (Motorola DVR is what's hooked up - not a computer - and it's plugged into HDMI1), which I never got on the 720P HD Magnavox I had previously.  Will now look at DVR manual, but if anyone knows about this, let me know!

0 Likes
Re: New TV Won't Go Between HD and non-HD Channels without turning TV off and on again
Hubrisnxs
Legend

that is going to be related to your Standard definition channel output.   

So go to menu > settings > video settings > and whatever resolution is in there, your TV And box don't like. 

Usually it's set to a 480 setting, so try turning it off.   Or if it's already off - then switch to 480i, or p and try it. 

You can also play with the HD video settings under video format in the same area, but it's more closely related to the SD output. 

0 Likes
Re: New TV Won't Go Between HD and non-HD Channels without turning TV off and on again
Justin46
Legend

It may be that the new TV just won't accept any 480i or 480p input at all. I just happened to be looking at a new LG HD TV this morning on the Newegg website, and when reading the specs discovered that the only input resolutions accepted were 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. I did not realize that some (all?) newer TVs didn't accept 480 resolution input, but apparently that is now true, at least for some TVs. So I suspect that is the problem, I believe by default the SD Override resolution is set to 480i.

Changing the SD Override value to Off in Video Settings in the Menu should fix the problem.

Keller, TX 76248