New VMS 1100 series media box does not work.
robertg491

I have two vms 1100 and did the install as instructed when I received them. They work fine for a while, then one day I could not remotely connect to the one in the living room and the caller I D feature stopped working. I tried the normal reboot, no success. So the next step was to disconnect everything and the power up the box after reconnecting the coax. I watched as it progressed through the startup and loaded all the necessary steps. Still no success. The next thing i did was swap the living room for the bedroom box. I started up the living room box first. I can now connect to it remotely (via web) and the caller I D works. Next I started up the bedroom box and watched it go through it's startup. When complete I tried to connect to it remotely (via web) and could not. I checked to see if caller I D worked and it did not. I conclude that this box has a problem that can not be resolved and probably should be replaced. Any ideas Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: New VMS 1100 series media box does not work.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you need to open a case with Verizon support.

This is mainly a user supported forum (although Verizon does pop in from time to time).

0 Likes
Re: New VMS 1100 series media box does not work.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try a cold reset of the box.  I never have, but someone has documented the instructions.   Supposedly you lose all your settings (so back them up first) but don't lose your recordings.  Use at your own risk.

One procedure posted by JAZZMO on DSLreports cold Reset (Activation process):

1. Unplug the box.
2. Plug the box back in and begin pressing MENU right away until you see the word "run".
3. Using the down arrow button, keep pushing until you see the word "cold".
4. When you have the word "cold" on the display, hit "OK".
5. The box will go through the activation process over again.

Alternate procedure posted by TazExprez on DSLreports

You could also do a cold reset by unplugging the VMS box and plugging it back in, while holding the Power & OK buttons on the VMS box until the word cold appears. Then you just have to follow the onscreen activation prompts.

0 Likes