New update for Fios DVR
bkfarrell

I keep getting a pop-up on my DVR that there is a software update but I can't select anything to update it.  Any one else having this issue?

0 Likes
Re: New update for Fios DVR
tns
Master - Level 2

Your the third person who mentioned something like this.

I am curious on knowing what exact message you are seeing?

The IMG guide update, as far as I have heard, does not present such a message.  And unless you are on 1.8 and are in one of the couple of areas of the country where 1.9a has rolled out, an update is not available.  Where it is rolled out you shouldn't have had to do anything, it should have occurred automatically.  What IMG version are you on (menu,settings, system information) and on the same page last two digits of your VHO?

Sometimes if your STB has not been able to load down the recent programs info, a please wait message appears.

0 Likes
bkfarrell

I'm on release 1.8 as of now.  The next time the message comes up I will right down the exact message.  It says it will pop up every 24hrs if I don't update now.

0 Likes
alext3

+1, same here. I'll try and take a photo next time I see it.

I'm on 1.8 too and the last 2 digits of my VHO ID are 07.

0 Likes
SharonD214

This is happening for me as well but I have only a HD box, no DVR.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Verizon has confirmed that there is no such message that comes from the Verizon boxes.  He suggests it is a message from the TV to upgrade the TV's software.  Two people have now confirmed that, at least for them, it is in fact a message from the TV itself.  i.e pick up your TV"S own remote and press ok.

0 Likes