New vs. old Verizon remotes
JoeyK

I see that Verizon has come out with a new 2-function remote.

Will the older 4-function remote continue to be available (so I can control the volume through my receiver), or is it being replaced?

If it's being replaced, that'll be very annoying if/when I ever need to get a new one or add an audio receiver to another television.

0 Likes
Re: New vs. old Verizon remotes
CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

I don't know the answer to your question, however even if you have to buy a new one you can get it for $5.50.

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/ShowCart

0 Likes
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, Verizon has come out with a new remote, which no longer has auxilary or DVD/BD/VCR control function.  I think that was a horrible idea, and yet another slap in the face to customers.  I use the DVD control myself.  That said, there are probably many new Philips remotes out there, but if you are sent a replacement, it could be the new one.  I've also been reading that the TV codes stink too.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

the old one will continue to be available for a short time. From what I understand from my friend at verizon. They replacing the 4 function with the 2 function for all new installs and replacements. Unless you specifically ask for the 4. Depending on the amound of requests/complaints they get for the 4 function, it may or may not continue to be available. But right now the 4 is only going to be available for a limited time.

0 Likes
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

Did they give a reason for eliminated the multi-device remote?  Hard for me to "complain" until I actually need a replacement.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Typical of Verizon's current mindset.  Less is more (withness the dropping of channels trying to force you into a higher cost tier) Smiley Mad Probably saves them a dime per remote at the expense of the customer.

I use both the DVD and AUX (controls my AVR).  I'll have to hope that my current one doesn't crap (like the first 2 I've had over the past 3+ years).  Eventually the frequently used buttons (like OK, skip forward. FF, etc.) just stop working.  Don't know if it's the conductive membrane between the button and circuit board (this makes up the "switch") or surface corrosion on the circuit board (I've even tried opening the bad remote and cleaning the contact are with IPA which seems to work for a short period) but I know they don't last and I'll be darned if I'm going to start juggling multiple remotes.

0 Likes