No Signal message on TV
howardaaron

I'm gett ing a "No Signal" message on one of my TVs. I can change the input to video 1, video2, video3, but that doesn't do anything. Help!

0 Likes
Re: No Signal message on TV
prisaz
Legend

@howardaaron wrote:

I'm gett ing a "No Signal" message on one of my TVs. I can change the input to video 1, video2, video3, but that doesn't do anything. Help!

It sounds like if this just started, the STB may not have any output. Try to cycle the power to the STB if you have not done so.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

My wife is somewhat technicalyy illiterate and creates a situation like this all the time.

Remotes are programmed to auto turn of tv and stb, she waves the remote in the general direction of the setup and the stb turns off but the tv doesn't get the power signal and then shows the no signal screen.  She pushes power on the remote and it powers the stb on and tv off so no picture, however she doesn't notice the stb is now on.  Next time she wants the tv on she  pushes power and it reverses it so stb turns off and tv turns on and again displays no signal.

Perhaps your issue? if so make sure both devices are off by selecting tv device on remote before power off.

Somewhat amusing but typically results in phone call to say the d....d tv has broken again.

Justin46
Legend

@viafax999 wrote:

My wife is somewhat technicalyy illiterate and creates a situation like this all the time.

Remotes are programmed to auto turn of tv and stb, she waves the remote in the general direction of the setup and the stb turns off but the tv doesn't get the power signal and then shows the no signal screen.  She pushes power on the remote and it powers the stb on and tv off so no picture, however she doesn't notice the stb is now on.  Next time she wants the tv on she  pushes power and it reverses it so stb turns off and tv turns on and again displays no signal.

Perhaps your issue? if so make sure both devices are off by selecting tv device on remote before power off.

Somewhat amusing but typically results in phone call to say the d....d tv has broken again.

If this is in fact the problem, I suggest reprogramming the remote to turn on and off only the device selected, STB or TV. There is pretty much no value in turning off the STB as it consumes nearly the same power when turned on or off. I had the exact problem described by viafax999 and changing the programmng on the remote to separate the power on/off function fixed it completely, I never turn the STB off and just hit the TV button first before turning on or off the TV (takes a few days to get used to doing that, but after that, no issue).

For anybody that wants to do that, the instructions are in the little booklet that came with the remote, or you can find the here:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/SetUp/SetUp.htm

Keller, TX 76248