Non HD Set-Top Box
pep826

Verizon came today to hook up my old TV. I didn't want a HD box. I wanted a non HD box. He said they are no longer available. Instead he setup a basic box. The box is terrible. No channel guide No in demand feature.  My bedroom has a non hd box. I wanted the same for my old TV. What they gave me is total crap. 

My question is. Where can I get a non HD box?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Non HD Set-Top Box
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon just stopped offering the model 2500 Standard definition receiver.  They only have the super basic one that you got. and then it jumps to a high def box.   The high def box will plug into a standard definition tv without too much problem at all. 

But there is no standard definition box anymore.  Maybe call back and ask if you can exchange the box for a new HD one. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon just stopped offering the model 2500 Standard definition receiver.  They only have the super basic one that you got. and then it jumps to a high def box.   The high def box will plug into a standard definition tv without too much problem at all. 

But there is no standard definition box anymore.  Maybe call back and ask if you can exchange the box for a new HD one. 

0 Likes
pep826

How much more is the HD box? 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

depends on how many cable boxes you have,  there is a special where they are bundling the cost of hd boxes, and some of the prices that were thrown around looked like this 

remember these are peer to peer forums, so the prices may be different when you call or by whom you get, but this is what was posted in another forum.   this brings hd stb costs in the 7 dollar - 8 dollar catagory, depending on how many cable boxes you have and as little as 5.71 per box if you have several set top boxes. 

New STB package was also released with this sd stb removal.

2 HD STBS -15.99
3 HD STBS - 21.99
4 - 26.99
5 - 31.99
6 - 35.99
7-39.99

For those who want HMDVR package -

HMDVR - 2 Room = 27.99
3 room 33.99
4- 38.99
5 - 43.99
6- 47.99