On Demand Freezing (multi-room DVR)
annemac1

The last 48 hours I have noticed freezing video when watching on-demand shows.  In a few cases the audio continues, but the video freezes.  4 times in the last 24 hours.

I have to hit stop and resume.  Is this box specific or has anyone else seen this?

0 Likes
Re: On Demand Freezing (multi-room DVR)
FiOSIHD

Usually when this happens it's going to be an issue between the Verizon Router and the STB/DVR.  VoD works a lot like Netflix andother streaming services where they house these assets on various servers, and you stream them over the internet. So the flow goes something like this:

Server-------Fiber--------Hub--------ONT--------Router-------Coax--------STB

In general, if this is happening the issue is going to be between the router and the stb as previously stated.  Go ahead and follow these steps and you will most likely resolve your issue w/o needing to call in, get new equipment, or have a tech visit:

1. Unplug the Power and Coax cables from the back of the STB

2. Repeat that same process, except from the back of the router.

3. Wait a solid 60-90 seconds, then plug the coax back into the router first, then the router power.

4. When the router is ALL THE WAY BACK UP, meaning you can connect to the internet, screw the Coax back on to the back of the STB where it says "FiOS TV In", then plug the power back in.

This resets both the stb and the router, as well as refreshes the connection over the coax and allows any excess static on the lines to disperse.

9/10 times this will fix any issues you have w/ your cable tv or internet.

If there are any other questions, feel free to call 1-800-837-4966 (1-800-Verizon)

0 Likes
Re: On Demand Freezing (multi-room DVR)
JulesRules1

Thank you for the easy step by steps. I have Quantum TV, 1 media server and 3 client boxes. Last nigh when renting a VOD movie, the pixelation was so bad, we couldn't watch.  I followed your steps starting at the router, then connecting the media server and then each client box one at a time.  I am happy to report this cleared all VOD pixelation issues and avoided a time consuming troubleshooting call.

0 Likes