On-Demand Movies Not Showing Original Movie Aspect Ratio
Onetrack97

I've got two types of boxes, four total, on four HD TV's.

When I go to on-demand, I can watch a movie preview and it will show the original movie aspect ratio.  Typically 2.35 or 2.4 to 1.  So, it has bars top and bottom.

When I rent the movie, I select HD.  When the movie starts, I'm seeing it full screen which means I'm losing the sides of the original.  Everything on the boxes are set to HD 1920x1080, etc.

The Aspect button on the remote only zooms-in or stretches further, it doesn't zoom out to see the whole picture.

In other words, I want the movie to look like what they transmit on HDNet and many other channels.

Is there a fix for this or is this the only way they transmit on-demand rentals?

0 Likes
Re: On-Demand Movies Not Showing Original Movie Aspect Ratio
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

What do you have your TV set to? The TV should be on 16:9 and you should be able to view it without cutting the sides off.

Thanks,

^GKC

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pretty much standard practice with many channels, e.g. HBO, and Verizon own On-demand offerings.  Much as many of us have complained.

0 Likes
Onetrack97

It's not a TV issue.  All four TV's are 16:9.

When I watch HDNet MV (746 on my boxes), I see that most of their movies have bars top and bottom.

0 Likes
Emelendez

I see no solution for this issue . This was posted in 2015 and I am having the same problem 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes