On Demand update
pa19609

My ondemand updated today and it looks great but you have removed the option to delete rentals.  Is there another way to delete rentals?  If not, please return the delete option.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand update
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

Under "My Rentals" you select the movie you would like to delete and press "OK", There should be a menu box on the right that shows up. Scroll down to "Delete" and press ok. The Delete option should be right under "Program Information".

Let me know if this helps.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
AAS2012

I guess Tech Support should know the format has been upgraded. That answer would have worked before the new update. There is no delete only Resume, Restart, Add Bookmark and Rate This Show. Looks like no delete. 

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Those are the correct steps. I am performing them now on our IMG 1.9 box. From the On Demand menu, go to "My Rentals". This lists all recently watched shows. Highlight the show you want to get rid of and press OK button on the remote. On the right hand side there's options for RESUME PLAY, RESTART, PROGRAM INFORMATION, DELETE, CANCEL.

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

Those are the correct steps. I am performing them now on our IMG 1.9 box. From the On Demand menu, go to "My Rentals". This lists all recently watched shows. Highlight the show you want to get rid of and press OK button on the remote. On the right hand side there's options for RESUME PLAY, RESTART, PROGRAM INFORMATION, DELETE, CANCEL.

Has your box been updated to the NEW new VOD menu system? This is not the same as the 1.9 update.

With the regular 1.9 update, the VOD menu has silver pillars at the left and right sides, and the bar across the top has a dark gray shaded background.

With the NEW new VOD update, the VOD menu does NOT  have the silver pillars at the sides, nor does it have the gray shaded background across the top.

Here's the old VOD menu:

And here's the new VOD menu (courtesy of lakerfan82 over at DSLReports)

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thank you for the screen shots. I found that user is in CA who received the latest 1.9 revision. I remotely connected to a box using that software. To get to the recently viewed rentals, you go to MY LIBRARY then MY RENTALS. You can select the movie you want to restart or view more information. I could not find a delete option so I will update the developers to bring the omission to their attention.

0 Likes
avand181
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got this same ridiculous update in Pittsburgh last week...

I too cannot delete rentals, which is terrible for starters because maybe you don't want other people you live with (let alone YOURSELF) having to "wade" through a whole bunch of programs that you watched or previewed (for a multitude of reasons - yes, some whimsical and some serious). Up until this point I have had no regrets about getting rid of Comcast for FiOS.

Why remove features or take steps back?? For "updates", you simply can't "omit" simple features like above stated, for ANY reason, be it for the sake of forgetfulness or god forbid saving a few KB of bandwidth!

Also, why get rid of the "flyout" menus??? If you still have to use the right arrow button to see additional submenus, then WHY DO THEY TAKE THE PLACE OF THE CURRENT MENU ON THE LEFT SIDE WHEN YOU SELECT THEM?? That defeats the purpose of using right-left arrow keys at all! Plus, it made perfect sense to continue seeing previous menus on the left as a reference point for where you were earlier in the browse! To avert this new confusion, you might as well just revert to Comcast behavior and have all menus open on new screens. Whomever designed this needs a kick-in-the-pants lesson on GUIs...

I know companies need to justify keeping educated Americans on their payroll, so they assign stupid new projects to do - and as long as you can walk into a conference room and convince the management that your ideas reflect "continuous improvement" then you can crap out whatever you want. However, MAYBE the VOD menus WEREN'T flawed to begin with. After all, there has been no LITERAL imrpovement to the VOD service - so why mess with it? (Example, you can't fast-foward through progams at more than 2x)

Fios_loyal
Enthusiast - Level 1
Same problem in MD...rather annoying. Need to spank the genius and his/her management team that overlooked such key features. Again, why change something that wasn't broken? Do you need a dollar for GUI Clue Bus?

When is the fix coming?
dmankikar
Enthusiast - Level 1
Same problem in NJ. Please update the Delete option.
prisaz
Legend

I just noticed the on demand guide change. I don't care for it eitherSmiley Mad

I just added all the movie channels, and last night went to on demand. Everything is all funky, and not very user friendly as the old guide. I like the 1.9 img Guide Update, and now they do this. What next. 1.6 in HD for the new roll out in 2012?

Perhaps this is because of the law suite in Virginia?

http://www.multichannel.com/article/475243-Verizon​_Ordered_To_Pay_At_Least_24M_More_To_ActiveVideo....

Express your opinion here, and vote to have it fixed the way it was. The On demand menu is awfull!

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/On-Demand-Menu-Changes-but-not-part-of-im...

0 Likes