Ongoing DVR issues - going in circles with Tech Support
cleahy24

I signed up withVerizon FiOS about 6 months ago - constant equipment and service issues from the begining. First i had a Cisco set top box that was re-booting about every 4 to 6 hours by itself - I was back and forth with tech support for about a month and they kept telling me " there is nothing wrong with the set top box - If you want an upgrade or switch out the boxes you will have to pay mor money"  - after several escalations and arguments Verizon finally did dispatch a tech who showed me a "Technical Bulletin" he had on his tablet that stated that these boxes have an issue with re-booting. they swaped them out for motorola boxes. this was only after months of not being able to watch TV consistantly without the box re-booting and taking about 25 mins to come back up. Then in Mid september my DVR stopped working when Pandora was started. ( If a scheduled show was about to record while i was listenning to PAndora it would not allow both to happen ) - I called on September 26th snd was advised that "There Is no issu with using both"  - then the next day I was told " there is an issue but it will be fixed in 24hrs. - I was told the same thing for the next 7 days straight - now today I was told i would have to swap out my box again !  I have not had a consistant service since i signed up 

0 Likes
Re: Ongoing DVR issues - going in circles with Tech Support
cleahy24

*UPDATE*  

I jsut got off the phone with Tech support again and NOW the story has changed AGAIN  - now they are telling me the boxes that they swaped out do not have the hardware installed to play pandora and record on the DVR - they will need to be SWAPED AGAIN !  first i was told there was no issue  - then told "there is an issue but it will be fixed in 24 hours" ( never happened ) now bieing told they gave insuffcient boxes .... this is really getting old 

0 Likes
Re: Ongoing DVR issues - going in circles with Tech Support
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes