Optical Audio Cable wont work from FIOS Box to Soundbar
Bluesters
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Optical Audio Cable wont work from FIOS Box to Soundbar, is there a certain setting I need to be on?

Someone mentioned PCM, how do I change it to that?

Does the FIOS set top box (HD Receiver) have an internal menu/settings?

0 Likes
Re: Optical Audio Cable wont work from FIOS Box to Soundbar
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Yes you can access the internal menu by pressing a certain button combination on the front of the box with the TV and the box on. Press Power>Select>Menu]  to access it.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

Yes you can access the internal menu by pressing a certain button combination on the front of the box with the TV and the box on. Press Power>Select>Menu]  to access it.

Ps: with the newest boxes you may have to complete the sequence (power, select, menu) after pressing power off at the box with your remote as the box no longer has these buttons.  Only an Ok button which acts like select and no menu button.

ccubedr3

I have the same problem - optical audio connected from fios box to soundbar doesn't work. I tried changing the audio output selection on the system menu (followed the guidance to press power-select-menu and displayed the menu) to L-PCM. No change - the audio still doesn't play through the soundbar. I also tried the third setting of PASSTHROUGH, which also did not work.

I verified that the optical audio cable & the soundbar work fine when connected from the Blueray player to the soundbar.

0 Likes