Overide/Lock HD Output Resolution
JoshS1

For some reason when I put my HDMI through a switch my HD content down converts to 480p from the 1080i all other inputs into the switch work properly at 1080i or 1080p as the output setting at locked to said resolution. My FiOS DRV seems to be getting confused and even though in the setting it is set to push out 1080i it goes against that and down converts to 480p.

Is there a way to override this and lock my output to 1080i no matter what it is connected to?

0 Likes
Re: Overide/Lock HD Output Resolution
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There is no way to lock it. All outputs work the same. The signal is pushed out of the box with certain parameters. Once the signal leaves the box the set top box has no control over what happens to it. Its like pouring water out of a bucket. The bucket just drops the water out and it has no control of what happens to the water when it leaves. I'm sorry your switch is not working correctly with the signal sent out from the box, but the box has no control over that. I wish you the best of luck working with the switch. Try contacting the manufacturer of the switch, they might be of more help.

0 Likes