I brought a verizon MOTOROLA QIP2500-3 QIP 2500 CABLE BOX from ebay.May Verizon

activate it ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Own Verizon MOTOROLA QIP2500-3 QIP 2500 CABLE BOX activation
NickZ2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have asked the seller to stop the shipment of the item and have a full refund because I just ordered it a couple hours ago and

the item is still on the seller's hand.

Thank for for helpping me ! I do not know this fact. The seller claimed he got 2 from a terminated business. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Verizon may appreciate you paying for their property and locating it. They may even activate it but it is their property. You have just paid for Stolen Property. If someone obtained a Set Top Box and did not return it, it was stolen. Verizon has never sold their STBs. Please refer to this and many other threads regarding this subject. There is no benefit to owning a Verizon STB since you would need to pay the same fee for it to be activated and you would still not actually own it.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Verizon-STB-on-EBAY/m-p/8034

You would be better off returning it to Verizon and getting a STB from them, and that way you know it is good. Contact them and arrange returning the box, and getting another. Activating and obtaining a STB from them would have the same monthly cost.

0 Likes
NickZ2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have asked the seller to stop the shipment of the item and have a full refund because I just ordered it a couple hours ago and

the item is still on the seller's hand.

Thank for for helpping me ! I do not know this fact. The seller claimed he got 2 from a terminated business. 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

The said terminated business should have returned them. But there are different reasons they may find their way on Ebay. Verizon's security group monitors Ebay and tries to recover their property. Good thing you caught it, because it would have wasted your money.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is also a link on eBay to report an inappropriate listing.  I would urge you to notify eBay that the listing is likely stolen property.   They will take appropriate action to insure the listing is taken down and may assist in insuring that your money is returned depending on the nature of how you made payment.

0 Likes