Password protect ordering
4viewingplease

How can I password protect others in my home from ordering premium channels like HBO, etc.?

0 Likes
Re: Password protect ordering
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Hi, you can set up a purchase control. You would have to do this on each cable box.

Use the remote. Hit menu/setting/parental controls

It will ask you to create a password. Make up a 4 digit password, enter it on the keypad and hit ok. A very similiar screen will pop up and say confirm password. You should enter the very same password a second time and hit ok.

Now that you are in, you have three main ways to apply controls.
1. You can block an entire channel (I.e. playboy or hbo or cinemax)
2. You can block content by rating.
3. You can block purchases (anyone wanting to do a purchase will be required to put either a parental or 2nd purchase pin)

For your request, go down to "control purchases" you'll see how it is set to no pin. You want to make the check mark and put it next "use parental pin" (they will be required to use the pin you just made) or put the checkmark next to "use purchase pin" (this will require that you create and confirm a seperate and new pin just for purchases)

After that your done. So it seems like a lot of steps but its not too bad.
Condensed, they look like this.

Menu/settings/parental controls.
Create pin/confirm pin
Select control purchases and finally select use parental pin.

Rinse and repeat with each cable box that you need this for.
prisaz
Legend

First thing I do is block purchasing after turning on parental controls. I had a BIG purchasing issue when FiOS TV was new and running an early build. I think it used to purchase on its own. So things have come a long way.

0 Likes
HypnoticPigeon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another thing you can do is call into sales/billing and have them lower your purchase credit to 1$.  Basically after that if you ever wanted to purcahse something you would have to call in.

0 Likes