Pixilation on several channels in one location in home
Redwood11

I'm experiencing intermittent pixilation on several channels at only one location in my home.  I have switch the STB with another in my home and the problem still persist in just this one location regardless of the box.  I am not experiencing pixilation in any of the other locations in my home.  The problem seems to come and go and increase in intensity on occasion.  I have rebooted my router and my set top box. 

0 Likes
Re: Pixilation on several channels in one location in home
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Hi, you need to find both ends its the coax cable its not enough to have disconnected and reconnected at the stb. you should find if the other end of that cable is in the same room or fished through a wall to another room and trace where it goes, probably and hopefully into a splitter. When you find where it goes simply disconnect it and reconnect it very straight, nice and firm. Hand tightness should be fine (yes, this has happened to me and others before, and this should help). If that doesn't help clean up the signal then you may need to replace that cable altogether. Evaluate the job. If its easily replaceable then drop by the store and pick up some rg6 cable (tri or quad shield)

If it's not easily accessible, or replaceable then hit the contact us link at the bottom of the page and see if live chat can help you get a tech. Be sure to tell them that you moved the box to another location and the problem went away, so you know its the cabling for the room that needs attention.
0 Likes