Pixwllation, Sound dropout
Buckeyegator1

On a more frequent than normal basis I experience pixellation, or freezing of the video and audio stream, or both. Most typical is the freezing, followed by  missing at least 10-20 seconds of the program.  It is neither channel specific nor time related, It is random, and getting more frequent.  I put in a service request and received an email with a tracking number, but when I attempt to find out anything about the issue using the tracking number, I am told that there is no such entry in the records.  When I origianally signed up for Verizon FIOS, the service was exceptional but now I find it maginal compared to my old "cable".  Anyonw know how to get results or repair??????

Thanks,

Terry

0 Likes
Re: Pixwllation, Sound dropout
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello,

I can definitely assist you with finding the information that you need. I apologize for the trouble you have experienced. I sent you a private message to start.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: Pixwllation, Sound dropout
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Buckeyegator wrote:

On a more frequent than normal basis I experience pixellation, or freezing of the video and audio stream, or both. Most typical is the freezing, followed by  missing at least 10-20 seconds of the program.  It is neither channel specific nor time related, It is random, and getting more frequent.  I put in a service request and received an email with a tracking number, but when I attempt to find out anything about the issue using the tracking number, I am told that there is no such entry in the records.  When I origianally signed up for Verizon FIOS, the service was exceptional but now I find it maginal compared to my old "cable".  Anyonw know how to get results or repair??????

Thanks,

Terry

Others (including me) experiencing these sypmtoms have found that reseating and firmly attaching all coax connections from the ONT through any spitters to the STB can clear the problem.  In my case, the coax connector to the rear of the STB likes to come slightly loose, at which time I get the symptoms.  When I tighten it, all is well.  You might give it a try, plus resetting your STB.

0 Likes