Re: TV CHANNEL GUIDE UPDATE HORRIBLE
triplee
Enthusiast - Level 2

My guide just changed today and it doesn't look like that--it's much worse.  That's easy to see compared to what I have.  Navy blue,black & gray with a slim red line along the top of the box with the show that you're watching.  The guide on the link is much easier on the eyes that what's on my TV as of today.

Contributor - Level 1

For you guys who say the image on your TV doesn't look like the images posted, or it is hard to see, etc; have you considered adjusting your TVs picture settings?  Maybe reset your settings to default, or try a different mode - just to compare with what you have now?

0 Likes
03bluecoupe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't see the posted image and I'm not going to crawl back through 7 screens to find it. My TV colors are just fine. The Guide colors WERE just fine until this crap.  ElizH summed things up really well on screen 6.

0 Likes
Re: Please....stop with the menu colors
m32
Enthusiast - Level 1

The color scheme used is terrible.  The top display where the date is shouldn't interfere with the rest of the guide- it shuould look and be seperate.

The bar with the current channel distracts the eye rather then bring it in; it doesn't make it easier to see, but more difficult.  

And the colors you had were fine, they helped view the selections.  These new colors are trying to be, what-pastel?

they  look like they are trying to use cartoon colors, but cartoon colors do not hurt the senses like these colors.  they just don't seem professional.

New menu is awful
Turbo53
Enthusiast - Level 2

The black background  with grey menu selections is terrible. Very hard to make out which item is selected unless you are right on top of the screen. At 61 maybe I'm not the target demographic, but this downgrade should be reversed. 

BTW I've spent my entire career in the IT industry and normally thrive on change but we also have a robust QA process before changes are released to the users.

That was obviously lacking here.

MrSoul
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think somebody from Cablevision infiltrated the Verizon Design Team!  This new setup is terrible. There was no reason to change it, unless they wanted to chase away customers. Hard to read, more cumbersome to navigate; come on Fios, wake up!  

0 Likes
bootpaint

Agree, V needs to provide option to change colors. 

0 Likes
Re: New menu is awful
03bluecoupe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can't agree more Turbo.  I was a software tester for IBM for 38 years. If we would have degraded our customers like this with no way to revert to the prior, working and usable version; I would have been fired in a heartbeat.   Providing some flexibility simply shows concern/respect for your customers. And then there are changes like this one.

@Turbo53 wrote:

The black background  with grey menu selections is terrible. Very hard to make out which item is selected unless you are right on top of the screen. At 61 maybe I'm not the target demographic, but this downgrade should be reversed. 

BTW I've spent my entire career in the IT industry and normally thrive on change but we also have a robust QA process before changes are released to the users.

That was obviously lacking here.

0 Likes
Re: New menu is awful
frank2644
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also was in the IT industry for about 25 years and I cannot believe how poorly Verizon seems to understand the user interface.

These recent changes are horrible; the colors are bad, the font size is too small, and more keystrokes have been added  to some DVR functions.

Seems that everytime the change the user interface they just make it worse. A year or two ago they made menu changes that were also pretty bad.and I guess they didn't learn their lesson.

In fact the whole Verizon organization seems badly organized and is riddled with inefficient systems. I recently made some equipment order changes and suffered several outages because they didn't handle these changes properly. They even sent me equipment that had been canceled about one-month prior that I had to return.

OTOH, whenever I have contact with their customer-facing personal I am impressed with them. So it seems like management is what is screwed up, not the employees.

0 Likes
New TV guide
jazz147

Is it just me or is there new updated guide the absolute worst - It is so distracting - the colors are ugly as could be - CHANGE the guide to something that doesn't look like a five year old designed by taking randon crayons out of the box - Yuck Yuck Yuck

0 Likes