Poor video quality with on demand movies
supernaut70

Hi,

I ordered an on demand movie for the first time with FiOS TV, and while the audio was good, the video quailty was very poor. The picture remained at a single frame for 30 seconds or so, and then would jump to another frame, but there was no real video. Just a bunch of static pictures. The movie was unwatchable. I rebooted all the Verizon network components and my router, but the issue remains. My internet connection is 15/15. I typically have very good performance on the Internet. Netflix works well with hardly any buffering. Anybody know what the issue could be with my on demand video quality?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Poor video quality with on demand movies
Smooker

Hi,

I have the same issue. This all seems to have started late last year as typically the video quality had been very good.  I first noticed it  when we ordered and watched a movie around Christmas and got a choppy, grainy picture with a high lag in frame rate, though not as high as you descricbed.

If figured maybe the traffic for that time of year was high or the hit rate was maxing out the servers.  We recently tried to watch something again last week and it was the same, if not worse. 

I don't think it's any of our components. But I'm seriously annoyed that we pay money for an "On Demand" item that's virtually unwatchable. This is just unacceptable.

0 Likes
lauraastoria

The same has happened to me, and I waited on hold for two hours before being unceremoniously disconnected.  Has anyone found a solution to this?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does it happen on all boxes?

Does it happen with shows and rented movies?

0 Likes