Premium Channel Content Disappears
Knathrak
Enthusiast - Level 1

Earlier today around 12-1pm Eastern Standard Time I tried to access HBO on demand only to find that shows couldn't be loaded due to an error message stating that they were not being found  on the server.  After contacting customer service, I was informed that there was an apparent national outage affecting these services.  As of 7:30pm EST there still appears to be an issue. A few of these channels still now do not have any content listed in them at all.  (Example channels: HBO, Showtime)

I was curious when services are expected to be restored and if in the future there is another location aside from the message board to obtain system status updates.  

Even with the hiccup, I cannot begin to express how much better my service has been now that I left Time Warner Cable. 🙂

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Premium Channel Content Disappears
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if you have the in home agent software, and it isn't an internet outage, then it should display outages I believe. 

you should download that, at www.verizon.com/connect

Also the in home agent in the cable box, should report any known outages in your area.   you get to that by hitting menu, help/customer support and then in home agent.   

there you will find network diagnostics.  and let it run it's check.   

Knathrak
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I am impressed with the diagnostic tools they provide!  As it says there are no outages reported in my area (which would  make sense as everything is working fine minus the on-demand) it looks like this is a sit tight situation and hope they resolve it when possible.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

yeah - they had a bit of a problem with on demand earlier,  I think they were supposed to have it fixed, but it may be lingering.  someone on another message board mentioned it as little as an hour ago.     you can "Try" to reboot your internet home router (that is where the VOD's are downloaded from) And then after rebooting the router, then try rebooting the cable box.   but if it's the way you describe, I think it's just a residual from the hiccup they had earlier.

0 Likes