Problem playing back one DVR recording in second room
hakavon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the "view DVR in second room" feature activated.

My DVR is in the bedroom.

Usually I can access anything from the living room, but once in a while something goes wrong.

This afternoon I was trying to watch a movie that's still on the bedroom DVR (I know, I checked and it plays fine there), but it simply will not run on the living room box.

I watched about 20 minutes of the movie, and suddenly it shut down.

Since then, nothing.  Every time I try to watch THAT movie, the box sort of stops to think about it, then shifts out of DVR back to whatever channel the box was tuned to.

Any other recording (so far) on the bedroom DVR is available.  Just not THAT movie.

Again, it still runs in the bedroom.  Why in the world isn't the movie viewable in the living room?  Seems all the other DVR recordings are.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem playing back one DVR recording in second room
hakavon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went SOMEWHERE on the Verizon website before getting this reply (can't even begin to tell you where) and sent a command for my boxes to have something done to them. (Fix, restart, I don't recall.)

Once both were up and running again, the problem was solved, and the movie was available in the living room again.

This has happened before too. 

Strange.

Well, as said, problem solved.

For now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thats odd its happening just for that one movie. Try going through an auto fix on both boxes. To try to fix it press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Please let us know if further assistance is required.

0 Likes
hakavon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went SOMEWHERE on the Verizon website before getting this reply (can't even begin to tell you where) and sent a command for my boxes to have something done to them. (Fix, restart, I don't recall.)

Once both were up and running again, the problem was solved, and the movie was available in the living room again.

This has happened before too. 

Strange.

Well, as said, problem solved.

For now.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

verizon.com/repair will get u there too  🙂

0 Likes