Problems viewing Palladia HD channel
juny2

Very recently, I am having problems viewing the Palladia HD channel.  I can view the channel for a few seconds, but then I get a pop up on the screen that my set top box can view the channel and I need to upgrade my STB. (I can view other HD channels just fine).  I follow the on-screen instructions for upgrading the STB and it tells me that my STB is up-to-date.  Anyone else run into this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Problems viewing Palladia HD channel
Tvwatchermike
Yes same problem here
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have?

If you have more than one, does it happen on all of them? And are they all the same model?

0 Likes
Tvwatchermike
Settled by calling verizon support, new box on the way. Recommended to the representative to fix the issue of not being eligible for a new box via automation. Had an old QIP2000 box, and the issue was that it could not decode MPEG 4 streams.
0 Likes
juny2

I may have to do the same thing. I unplugged the STB for a few minutes, plugged it back in and I get the same error message.  I have a QIP6200 box.  I just wish Verizon would have warned me in advance that I need to upgrade my HD box.

0 Likes
bostonduckguy

Woburn Mass Fios customer.

I had received the same screen message "setup box can not view the channel,need to upgrade the sdp box. I clicked the on screen ok and response was my box was up to date.

I called Verizon tech support today and talked with an engineer, he was unaware of the issue or error message. I told him what I had read here (model numbers QIP6200, mpeg4 format ,etc) but nothing registed with him. I calmly described the issue, the screen notifications and the response, he said he can only help if I have a technical problem and any box upgrades are handled by billing. transfered to billing, explained it, again, again never heard of it but they did find a tech who understood the problem.

Once I was connected with this tech (Jerry) , he understood and said a new box is on its way, the old 6100 series could not handle the new format and the new box would be a 7100 version 2. He said that the local provider is switching the channel format to a better stream method so that bandwith method would be reduced with no quality concerns over HD picture. . He also said that the conversion of most channels will occur within the next year or two and that there are other channels like Palladia that would require the new box. I've only run into this error with Palladia on my system at this time.

I asked him why some people I talked to earlier did not know anything about this issue and he said they must have been new and the box limitation was known for at least six months.

Suggestions to Verizon:  Perhaps an internal tech alert may or should be in the works.

Also fix the on screen automated help menu's as if it worked, I would have had a box on its way a week ago without spending an hour of my life talking to customer service today. It wasted their and my time.

Note to billing person, your system must be slow but the minutes of silence while you checked out my account had me wondering if I was on hold or mute. Introduce either background music or some verbal communications letting me know each step of the way would be nice.

Also no offers of free movies or other special deals. I'm hurt as you guys usually rock with the offers.

0 Likes
juny2

Looks like there was a set top box firmware update this week, and I no longer get the problem with Palladia HD.

0 Likes