Problems with DVR, STB`s
bryanp56

I had FIOS put in less than a week ago. The multi-room DVR recordings don`t show up on my STB`s. I have tried resetting them all at least 3 times. I tried resetting them through the internet, but it keeps saying login failed. In Home Agent freezes up when I try to reset the STB`s through that.  I called tech support, and was on the phone with him for an hour and a half...and he couldn`t fix it. I`m ready to cancel this and go back to Dish network.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Problems with DVR, STB`s
PJL
Master - Level 3

@bryanp56 wrote:

I had FIOS put in less than a week ago. The multi-room DVR recordings don`t show up on my STB`s. I have tried resetting them all at least 3 times. I tried resetting them through the internet, but it keeps saying login failed. In Home Agent freezes up when I try to reset the STB`s through that.  I called tech support, and was on the phone with him for an hour and a half...and he couldn`t fix it. I`m ready to cancel this and go back to Dish network.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

The suggestion is to call back and reuqest a tech visit.  Ask for a supervisor during the call if they put you off or try to go through the same troubleshooting you have already done, and keep escalating the complaint during the call as necessary.  Once it gets to a certain level, you'll be suprised at the attention you will get from Verizon escalation management.  My neighbor had a problem and once escalated, he was repeatedly contacted until it was fixed -- and a week after received a call to ensure that it was still working.

0 Likes
Re: Problems with DVR, STB`s
bryanp56

Thanks...I guess thats all I can do at this point. Thanks for the advice.

0 Likes