QIP7100 -> Sony NSZ-GT1 -> A/V Receiver: Weak HDMI Signal?
Jaker5

I've installed the Sony Internet TV/Blu-ray Player (NSZ-GT1) that provides the Google TV platform in between the FiOS Motorola QIP7100 and my home theater system's a/v receiver.

The first day we installed it we had no TV signal but the other Google TV functions worked.  I left it alone.  We turned it on the next morning and it all operated fine: FiOS TV, internet, all as it was supposed to...for a week.  A few days ago we lost the TV signal again, both the FiOS video and audio but the other Google TV, internet and blu-ray functions worked.  Surprisingly, this morning all worked again as it should.  This is not an instance of not configuring the connections between the devices properly.

I called Verizon and "Expert Care" suggested the HDMI signal coming out of the QIP7100 was not consistently strong enough to go through two downsteam devices (that is, both the Sony and the A/V Receiver); they say they are not responsible for the HDMI signal once it leaves the Motorola box.

I called Sony and they said there's nothing they can do about the signal coming from the Verizon STB.

Any suggestions as to what I can do before I abandon the idea of Google TV and send the Sony box back?  I asked Verizon "Expert Care" if there were other STB's I could try and they referred me to an interminably long wait on Customer Service where I never got through to a rep.

Am I the only FiOS customer that has tried hooking up this Sony device to a home theater configuration?  I find that hard to believe.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

0 Likes
Re: QIP7100 -> Sony NSZ-GT1 -> A/V Receiver: Weak HDMI Signal?
Possumchaser
If your tv has 2 hdmi inputs, put your fios on one and your internet tv bluray on a separate plug. I am doing the same due I can't program my fios remote to turn on my bluray. I have not found a way to pass signal thru when the device is off. Other wise I like the internet and netfix features.
0 Likes