Quantum TV (VMS1100), no remote DVR programming from verizon.com or ios app
btcjcn

Searched the forums & didn't find a similar question...

I recently upgraded to Quantum TV, but in doing so I lost my ability to manage my DVR from Verizon.com or from my iphone/ipad ios Verizon app.  Spent several hours on the phone with different techs, but to no avail.  Did an on-line chat with another support tech today, and they told me that remote DVR programming is not available yet with the VMS1100 STB - so no way to control it via the mobile apps or away from home on myverizon.com.  As I've been getting more than a few different answers (actually another tech just left me a VM saying he looked at my issue and seems to be working so he's closing my ticket - still NOT working!).... just curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Quantum TV (VMS1100), no remote DVR programming from verizon.com or ios app
mcorbo
Contributor - Level 2

I can see all my recordings and schedule new ones via the FIOS Mobile app on my Samsung Galaxy 3. I can also schedule and delete recordings  on line here  https://www.verizon.com/fiostv/myservices/members/fiostv.aspx?myvzmd=dvr_control

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@btcjcn wrote:

Searched the forums & didn't find a similar question...

I recently upgraded to Quantum TV, but in doing so I lost my ability to manage my DVR from Verizon.com or from my iphone/ipad ios Verizon app.  Spent several hours on the phone with different techs, but to no avail.  Did an on-line chat with another support tech today, and they told me that remote DVR programming is not available yet with the VMS1100 STB - so no way to control it via the mobile apps or away from home on myverizon.com.  As I've been getting more than a few different answers (actually another tech just left me a VM saying he looked at my issue and seems to be working so he's closing my ticket - still NOT working!).... just curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

You are being given bad information, period!

I have Quantum TV, I can access my VMS1100 remotely, just did it from my laptop to My Verizon connected to a local cable internet connection, not FiOS. I requested to schedule a program for Wed. afternoon, then went back in to check and it shows as scheduled, along with some others that are series recordings.

I am pretty sure I have also tried it on my tablet and got it to work, but not certain about that. My tablet is an Android, that might make a difference.

Unfortunately, since mine works and has worked for all 4 months I have had Quantum TV, I don't really have any specific advice to fix your problem. There are however a number of fix-it tools under Customer Service in the Menu, I would try any and all of them that appear to have any relation to your problem, and then see if the problem goes away.

Sorry I can't be of more help. But I promise you can, or at least should be able to, access your VMS1100 from My Verizon.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
btcjcn
Wow. Thanks mcorbo and Justin. Ugh, the prospect of spending yet another few hours on the phone to resolve this is making me sick! Will keep trying!
0 Likes