Quantum VMS1100 menu skips
squibbydog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, the latest update fixed many of the issues that I was having, but it's added a new one.  I've got two DVRs, and this is only happening on one of them.

When navigating the menus and using the remote control arrow keys, it frequently moves twice for each time I press the arrow.  So, in DVR, I want to go to the 2nd item, hit the down arrow, and it skips from the 1st item to the 3rd item.  I've had times where I have had to hit the up and down arrows 5 or 6 times before it will just move 1 item instead of 2.

I've reset the DVR, have also powered it off for a long period of time and rebooted it.  Still happens.  I've got 4 FIOS remotes, and it happens with all 4.  Take those remotes to the other DVR, no issues.  Swap the remotes between DVR, the problem still stays on the one VMS1100 DVR.

Anyone else having this issue?  I'm about to request for Verizon to replace the VMS1100 DVR that is having this issue, it's that bad.  

0 Likes
Re: Quantum VMS1100 menu skips
i_ate_the_tacos
Enthusiast - Level 2

make sure there is nothing on top of the box and that the buttons are not depressed or stuck

0 Likes
konabob1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have this issue too.

It's not a problem with the remotes, since I am using old pre-Quantum remotes.

It's yet another Quantum sofware bug (YAQSB).

squibbydog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing on top of it, and it sits by itself.  Have tried from all angles, as well as from a distance of about 3 feet directly in front.  Double skip on menus about half of the time.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

And tried the other remote?  Doesn't sound like a software bug or both your VMS would misbehave.  Most likely a bad remote (stickey key etc).  Always possible a bad box.  And would you believe Mirror reflections, actually really unlikely, but some possible environment issue.

0 Likes
squibbydog
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not the remote.  As I stated in my original posting, this is happening with 4 different remotes, including the ones that work fine on other TVs.

I also broke out 3 brand new remotes since my original posting that I had that I wasn't using.  Same issue, 7 different remotes.  All 7 work perfectly on my other VMS1100.  Pretty certain it's not an issue with the remotes.

0 Likes
stevefeder

I have this problem also.  It is not the remote.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Multiple people have reported this problem.

Hopefully will be fixed in the release that comes back in the next few weeks.

0 Likes
squibbydog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Happy to report that the latest firmware update with the new guides has fixed the issues.

0 Likes