Questions after hooking up 7232
abr1964

I ordered the replacement 500GB DVR and have received it and hooked it up.  I'm a little upset that I've lost all my favorites and am trying to find a way to at least recover a list of them.

My first question is if I have an extra coaxial connection on my multiplexer, so can I temporarily hook up my old DVR so I can retrieve the favorites listing on the website while I program the new DVR's favorites?

My second question is do I need to call Verizon to get my Home Media component back or will it eventually come back on its own once Verizon updates my account with the the new DVR in my list of set-top boxes?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Questions after hooking up 7232
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

For your favorites, unfortunately the only way to "recover" (not really) them is the painful manual entry of the whole list again,

It has been suggested many times that some sort of external save for favorites (and other settings) be added to the boxes (PC, cloud, or whatever) but it hasn't happened yet.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@abr1964 wrote:

My second question is do I need to call Verizon to get my Home Media component back or will it eventually come back on its own once Verizon updates my account with the the new DVR in my list of set-top boxes?

By Home Media do you mean Media Manager?  If so, mine just started working once my 7232 was installed and my old box was removedfrom my account.

0 Likes
abr1964

I hooked up the old 7216 DVR and it was still functioning on the TV side but not communicating with the website (it keeps saying gateway error), so I was able to manually go through using the remote to look at my favorites and then program them through the Verizon website on the new 7232 (which was showing up fine).  I had to do something similar with the series I wanted recorded (season pass for those that are Tivo-literate).

I'm still waiting on the Media Manager to function on the new DVR.  I guess I'll just have to wait until I ship the old one back and it's removed from my account.

I agree with everyone else that says it should be easy to export and save their favorites and their series recording information.  I'm sure it's just stored in an XML format that could easily be exported and saved and then imported back into the replacement DVR/receiver.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Make sure Remote DVR is enabled on the new STB (from the STB menu setup area).  On my new 7232, the default was NOT enabled.

0 Likes