Re: DVR Issue - Some recorded shows can't be played
donunderdale
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem 3500 users are complaining about. I record a program, it shows up as recorded, takes up disk space, and then won't play...goes to live TV when hitting play. I have had my DVR changed twice and went from a 62XX to a 7216 and have the same issue.  I was told it was a bad hard disk,. I am on my 3rd DVR now and am having trouble believing it is a bad HDD albeit, the DVRs are refurbished.  I have had TIVO, DISH, and DTV and never had this issue.  It seems it is a firmware issue as it has repeated on 3 boxes.  I am not happy and ready to cancel. Please help me Verizon.  I spend 355 a month for your services and expect better service and more than 20 hours of recording time.

0 Likes
Re: DVR Issue - Some recorded shows can't be played
Hubrisnxs
Legend

replacing the DVR will not fix your problem, and having a tech knock on the door will not fix the problem.

the issue happens for two reasons, one of which has always been there, which is if the DVR records on a channel that is unavailable at the time when the recording takes place, or if the channel goes unavailable while the recording is in progress. 

The other reason is like you mentioned related to software, and is supposed to be fixed in the 1.8 release of their software which is slowly rolling out right now and in the next month or two.  

So as long as the first situation isn't happening, then the problem for you will be fixed with the next software update.