Record on the VCR
35Wood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know if you can record a TV program delivered through Fios onto a VHS tape in a VCR?

0 Likes
Re: Record on the VCR
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Yes, I do it. You can either record it from a DVR or live. If from the DVR you have to have connections from the DVR to your VCR as well as to your TV. I can't get into the step by step procedure, but you can do it.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Here are your wiring diagrams,  make sure you are hooked up the right way for a VCR Hook up.

Then keep your VCR on channel 3, and use your Cable box to change channels.  once you're on the channel you want, just hit record on your VCR or DVD Recorder.   If you do not have a DVR box, and instead have a HD or an SD box only, then you can use reminders on the cable box, combined with the timer feature on your VCR to record programs as if it were a dvr. 

Wiring Diagrams The model, size, and color of your FiOS TV equipment may vary. To find the wiring diagrams for your Set-Top Box, DVR, or digital adapter, select  your specific equipment model below:

High Definition DVRs

Standard Definition DVRs

Digital Adapter

High Definition Set-Top Boxes

Standard Definition Set-Top Boxes

35Wood
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for the info.

I'll keep trying to record. I get a picture, but can't record.

Thanks

0 Likes
35Wood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!

I'll try out the configuration.

I do get picture, I just can't record.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

as long as your vcr is on channel 3 and hooked up to the Verizon STB in the fashion it describes in the links, then it should grab it, but the trick is that your VCR is on the right input to get the signal   

good luck

0 Likes