Recording Programs that Do Not Start or End on the Hour or Half-Hour
cdarwin1

I have experienced a significant increase in the number of programs that either start 1 minute after the half-hour or hour. There is also a large number of programs that end a minute after the half hour or hour. There is NO provision to allow DVR recordings to start at the time the programs actually start or to stop when the programs actually end. The net result is that one can never rely on either getting the program to start to record or to record up until the actual end of the program and therefore missing the end of a program. This little trick by Verizon greatly reduces the utility and value of the DVR that I rent monthly.  As a result of this I will be terminating my Verizon TV and my other services once my contract is up later this year. Don't want to play their game anymore.  j 

0 Likes
Re: Recording Programs that Do Not Start or End on the Hour or Half-Hour
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

DVR scheduling goes based off the time the show is listed in the guide.

If the show runs from 8:01 to 8:31 for example, that is what it records.

But if the show says 8:00-8:30 but actually runs until 8:31, yes you will miss the last minute.

Not Verizon's fault if the run longer than posted (you can doublecheck other wbesites like tvguide.com to verify Verizon guide time matches others).

Default is to start and stop at the time listed.

But you can set to start early or end late if you want to ensure you record the entire show.

0 Likes
achen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. I figured it wasn't Verizon's fault. You'd think with all the tech we have -- there'd be a way to adjust on the spot especially when sports games run late. Fortunately, I learned what shows I need to run for an extra five minutes for two hours. Verizon does make this part easier. View Scheduled Recordings, select the show and you can extend the recording time.

This is why I wish we could forward VOD shows. Sometimes I need to catch the very last minute of a show ... but don't want to sit through the whole show again. Sure, I could run VOD and leave the room ... but I never remember to come back at the end! 🙂

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This come sup all the tiome.

Cable providers have no way of knowing that a program is not running within the specified time period.

How can they know how long a football will last?
And if they did, how could they notify millions of boxes at once to extend their recording time?

0 Likes