Recording Three Shows at one time
cordera23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to record three shows at the same time with the new DVR and software version 1.9?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recording Three Shows at one time
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@matcarl wrote:

No

Short, sweet, and to the point.  Smiley Very Happy

Matcarl is right however. The software upgrade will not change the fact that the DVR's only have 2 tuners. This is a physical limitation rather than a software limitation. Therefore they can only decode two live programs at a time. There has been no mention from Verizon about this changing anytime soon.

AFAIK, ATT U-Verse is the only service that has more than 2 tuners. (I'm not counting the DIY systems that can be built). And I've heard both good and bad reviews about the 4 tuner systems that ATT uses. But right now the industry standard is just 2 tuners.

View solution in original post

matcarl
Master - Level 1

No

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@matcarl wrote:

No

Short, sweet, and to the point.  Smiley Very Happy

Matcarl is right however. The software upgrade will not change the fact that the DVR's only have 2 tuners. This is a physical limitation rather than a software limitation. Therefore they can only decode two live programs at a time. There has been no mention from Verizon about this changing anytime soon.

AFAIK, ATT U-Verse is the only service that has more than 2 tuners. (I'm not counting the DIY systems that can be built). And I've heard both good and bad reviews about the 4 tuner systems that ATT uses. But right now the industry standard is just 2 tuners.

cordera23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the well informed answer.  Actually that is what I thought but the Verizon rep that was at my door a couple of days ago insisted it could.  I suspect he was confused with its ability to record two shows while you watch a recorded show.  These folks are focused on selling but typically not very technical.

I did read in this forum that v1.9 addes the external eSATA hard drive feature.  Any  idea on the timing of the release?   

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@cordera23 wrote:

I did read in this forum that v1.9 addes the external eSATA hard drive feature.  Any  idea on the timing of the release?   

Still in limited beta customer trials.  Currently no projected roll out dates.

0 Likes