Reducing TV costs ... or just cut it ?
AtomicDustbin

Hi everyone,

First time post here.  I was hoping to actually email a Verizon service rep, but the get support pages landed me here.

I'm disenchanted with Cable TV in general, and about to cut it loose if I can't make it alot cheaper.  Wanted to ask:

- We have the "FiOS TV Extreme HD" and don't bother with most of the channels.  In fact, it's actaully become a serious annoyance to me- flip through, all I see is Spanish, Sports, and Upsell.  Not interested in any of those - kid watches Disney channel type stuff more than anything else, wife watches a show or two that are on Netflix anyhow, son and I gave up on cable ages ago and watch everything on streaming.  Is there a narrower channel selectino that will just give us some kids stuff or am I stuck in bundling ?

- HD is a radish to us. Family says they can't tell a difference and don't care if we have it or not. When we watch a BluRay, it really pops.  When we watch HDTV, it's just louder.  Maybe it's our perception.  I'm guessing I can drop the HD part and move to standard def and save a little ?

-I'm leasing a DVR.  Can I just buy it outright ? I'm guessing I've already paid for it about three times over.

-I'm charged 5.99 a month for an "adapter", then it's credited back as a promotion.  Does anyone have any idea what this adapter would be for, and how I can get the charge removed (actually removed, not credited back). I don't want it to stay on there and the promotion silenty disappear and I'm suddenly paying 6 bucks a month more for something I don't have.

-I'm paying a 2.50 a month "Regional Sports Network Fee " charge of some sorts.  I don't watch sports on TV. Never have, never will, just doesn't do anything for me. I prefer to actually play, or watch live games.  If I can get rid of the Sports channels can I get rid of this fee ?

Or, maybe it really is time to cut the cord and get off the couch ? We were happier, healthier and more  productive for sure before when we had only crappy free-to-air TV service. 

Thanks everyone. 

0 Likes
Re: Reducing TV costs ... or just cut it ?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

There are no a la carte options. You choices are to either drop TV altogether or lower your package down to preferred or select depending on the channels you actually do watch. The digital adapter is a STB that gives you the TV channels but no guides or on-demand.

0 Likes
feigie

i had to reduce to local plan for cost. its very good esp 488. but i had just discovered get tv w good oldies like baywatch and sentinel when 31 and 488 were boring. so its a little less good. lets ask vzn to keep at least get tv or find a station with similar type of programming. one less station w so few... but i still recommend it. hope vzn reads these since idea board seems to have been disabled.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes