Remote DVR Service error: "Set Top Box not responding"
mjkxr
I had FiOS TV installed last week in Seattle including the Home Media DVR and have been unable to access the Remote DVR service on FiOS TV Central.  Once I login I get the message "Set Top Box is not responding."  I've been through all of the troubleshooting steps provided for the error here: http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/UnProtected/Help.aspx#109, unfortunately, that didn't solve the problem. I spent an hour on the phone this evening with Verizon Technical Support, but the guy had never heard of the site and did some basic troubleshooting, but ultimately told me he was out of ideas.  I'm using the original Actiontec router provided by Verizon with no other equipment that should be interfering.  All other features work as expected including VOD and streaming recorded content to the HD set top box in the other room.  Has anyone else encountered this error or, better yet, overcome it? 
0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR Service error: "Set Top Box not responding"
silverfirsgeek

My install was yesterday too (Sept 19) and I am getting the same error on the remote DVR on Fios TV Central.  I thought maybe some overnight batch job needed to run but I am still getting the error today and I have also tried the self diagnostic.

I spent an 30 minutes on the phone last night with Nick (252) suddenly switched to Nick Toons content - fortunately that is fixed this morning.  I suspect problems at the Everett Video Hub.  Belay that, it just happned again.  Frustrating.

0 Likes
Cliffcor

I have had the same problem. (Bothel Wa.) STB Not responding. Hope that this resolves before long.

0 Likes
lkitchens
I am also having problems accessing my multi room dvr recorded programs from other set top boxes.  At times you can start the program but you cannot fast forward, rewind or stop.  Then it just stops all together.  I already tried unplugging and replugging.  I checked the connections on the wireless router.  Nothing has helped so far.  I thought I'd check the website before calling.
0 Likes
lkitchens
I forgot to mention I am on the east coast in Maryland and have had the system working for over a month now.  The problem just started in the last few days.
0 Likes
silverfirsgeek
My multi-room DVR seems to be working just fine. I only wish it had additional functionality such as being able to create recordings from remote STB's and to be able to delete programs. The problem described in this topic is specific to the remote DVR service available at www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral. The website is unable to communicte with our DVR STB.
0 Likes
plagued
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you tried unplugging your ONT and the battery backup for a complete reset?

Solved some of my lag and not responding issues, but of course was never suggested by VZ itself.

0 Likes
mjkxr

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid that didn't resolve the issue either.  I had another discussion with Tech Support for another issue and mentioned this problem as well.  After a few minutes of testing and resetting the boxes I was told that the service was still "pretty new" and there wasn't much they could do.  I keep logging on each day hoping the error will magically be resolved Smiley Happy

0 Likes
silverfirsgeek

Ok, mine is working now.  I can't pinpoint precisely what I did to fix it (or if it just magically started working)...  I did power cycle the STB this morning and I think that may have "reset" things but to be honest I did not try remote DVR before doing that.

Good luck!

0 Likes
silverfirsgeek

And in an amazing turn of events, my remote DVR capability no longer works.  After a week of working well, now I get the message "you must be a FiOS TV Subcriber to access this site" when logging into www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral.  During that week, everything worked great except the list of recorded shows would not display. 

0 Likes