Re: Remote DVR stopped working
M2inOR
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has stopped working for me, too.

I tried the suggestions - disconnect/reconnect DVR; disable/reenable Remote DVR; Self Diagnostics, etc. Shows Listener 1 started on both DVRs.

Router shows correct configuration.

Called in to FiOS Tech Support, and they tried their magic to no avail.

They're going to send out a tech to see if there is anything else that it could be.

Frustrated, as I forgot to record the opening ceremony of the Olympics last night; tried to set remotely but it failed.

Oh well; when it worled, it was great.

One other thing: web site can see the Remote DVR status (Enabled/Disabled), but unable to report disk capacity status, what recordings are on each box, and of course, no longer able to set recording by internet.

Mike

0 Likes
Weekender
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not working on one of my 2 HD STBs.  One functions fine - shows drive space used, recorded programs, scheduled recordings, favorite channels, etc.  It cannot access the other box.

Ran Self Diagonostics.  Both boxes show Listener 1 enabled.

Why would it work fine with on STB and not another on the same network?

0 Likes
Gambit61

I'm having the same problem. I just learned about this remote DVR function and neither the web page or Blackberry app work. 😞 

0 Likes
D-I-Ytelecommgr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can someone please point me to instructions on how to run "Self Diagnostics"?

AdvTHANKSance.

DUH! NEVERMIND! Spelling error in my search.. I found it!

0 Likes
redup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon Support this AM to report no remote DVR on one of my two DVRs.  Tier 1 support was very considerate and opened a Trouble Ticket to the group that supports remote DVR.  I was assured they would call and was also given a Verizon Ticket number.  Just logged in to check status.  Ticket was closed at 531 PM Eastern Time with no resolution listed and I still have the same problem.  Sure hope Verizon gets it together on this problem.  Both my DVRs show Listening 1.

VERIZON PLEASE HELP.  My ticket number is {edited for privacy}

RESTON VA

0 Likes
redup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spent 30 minutes or so on the phone with Verizon Tech support in an attempt to resolve my remote DVR problem.  The issue was escalated up two levels and response is for now....Verizon needs more time to resolve.  Will be interesting to see if they are able to resolve this time.

I still have good remote dvr on one of two DVRs and Verizon confirmed they see the problem.  New ticket is open.

Reston Va

0 Likes
redup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both of my DVR are now accessible via Remote DVR.  Yeah Verizon.  My DVR that was not working is now on Listening 2 and is working perfectly via Remote DVR.

Thanks very much VERIZON.

Reston Va

0 Likes
Stenzack1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got off the landline with FIOS TV tech support. After the guy did some "port mapping" my remote DVR control functions as it should. Others who are having the problems with this new feature might mention my fix when you call in to tech support.

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR stopped working (FIOS Android app)
rick12

Last week I installed the new app for Android on my Eris. It worked fine until this morning when it wouldn't connect. I checked on the TV and online and my number was enabled. I spent time on the phone with a rep for whom this was new (as expected). He reset the DVR, so I got a new access number. I entered it and still cannot connect. I can connect with Remote DVR through  the browser on my phone, but not through the new app (available in the Android market, by the way).

If anyone reading this has had this problem and solved it, please pass along the fix.

0 Likes
salexander303

I 've been stuck in Listener 1 mode for weeks. How does one get their STB to go to listener 2?

0 Likes