Remote DVR will not work?
caaz

I signed up for FIOS when it first came to my area. Verizon installed a basic Netgear router. I since upgraded to a wireless Netgear router about 4 years ago. We just upgraded our DVR to a Home Media and tried to turn on the remote DVR. But when I go to the web site it says remote DVR will not work without original Verizon router. I don't understand why it won't work. Is there a setting or something in the router to make it work or do I need a different router that Verizon has to provide? I am guessing the original router I had wouldn't work either because it is the same brand as the one I have now.

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR will not work?
MatthewH12
Contributor - Level 1

Do you have a Verizon provided Actiontec or Westell router? If not you need to call them to install it. It's required for Remote DVR as well as other features unless you're using an advanced setup.

0 Likes
caaz

No I don't. When we first signed up Verizon gave us a Netgear router. Those that you have listed were not used back when we first signed up. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

remote dvr needs the dlink actiontec or westell   nowadays you'll get the actiontec or westell, but call verizon and have them change out your router, you'll need the newer routers to do it.  

888-553-1555

0 Likes
caaz

Called and got a Westell router today. Got it all hooked up and internet and TV are working fine but I still can't activate remote DVR. The DVR has an access code listed, tells me to go to the website and sign in with my verizon.net id. I do and I still get the error remote DVR not possible with third party router. Any more help?

0 Likes