Remote Issue
inscents

I have two Samsung TV's in the line of  "sight" of one of the remotes.  As a result both TV's are turned on.  Is there away to program the remote for one specific TV and not have it operate the other?  The codes are the same for both TV's.

0 Likes
Re: Remote Issue
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

The answer to your question is: No.

The reason is this is a fundamental issue with how remote controls work.  Since you have two identical versions of the same TV, they use exactly the same Infrared (IR) remote control codes.  If either TV sees an IR code, it will respond to that code.

The solution to your problem is to find a way to send IR control signals to one and only one TV.  You may be able to do this with careful placement of IR blinders and careful remote aiming.  Or, you could install a home theaters control system with IR blasters installed on each TV.  You'd get a home theater remote control that would use RF to talk to the controller, which would then send IR signals to the selected TV.  You can read more about this online or have a home theater installer set one up for you.

There are also phone based remote control systems that can be used.  I just learned about Blumoo today; I've no idea if it will help you.  You might want to check it out.

http://blumoo.com/

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Re: Remote Issue
inscents
Thanks for your quick response. I'll investigate your suggestions.
0 Likes