Remote Programming DVR from Iphone
unpluggedzett
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was attempting to use the DVR Manager App for the iphone and have been told it does not work because I do not have a TR-69 compliant router. Support could not give me any specific brand router(s) which would work. Anyone have any idea what brands are TR-69 compliant routers?  This is not a deal breaker for me; just curious as I was unfamiliar with the TR-69 protocol.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote Programming DVR from Iphone
unpluggedzett
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have abandoned using the remote programming app. The range issue of the Verizon supplied router is a more compelling problem for me than being able to program when I am not home.  Thanks to all for responding to my question.  I wish Verizon would have disclosed this in the app store and it would have saved me some time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear Unpluggedzett,

Do you have Verizon Fios or DSL service?  What model router do you have at home?  Are you using a Verizon provided router?  Is the Iphone giving you the error?  Please give me the exact verbiage of the error.  DVR Manager is compatible with Iphones.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
unpluggedzett
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have FIOS. I am not currently using a Verizon supplied router. I am using a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 router. I spent a couple of days emailing technical support before trying this area and that is where i got the TR-069 reference.  He said my router was not compliant with tr-69 and therefore would not work.  He could not tell me what routers were compliant. The program loads and when attempting to either access the settings or to actually schedule a program, I get the error (I am paraphrasing because I removed the program) the app has timed out because it cannot communicate with the FIOS servers. Try again later.  I have since learned that tr-069 is a protocol of some kind related to remote access. Unfortunately it is not listed in any of the router specs I have looked at.  I am simply trying to find out what brand routers meet this spec.

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear unpluggedzett,

TR-069 is a protocol.  Have you attempted to use the router provided by Verizon?  It should work with the router provided by Verizon.  We do not support third party software and/or hardware.  Thanks for your patience.

0 Likes
TBuilder
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also trying to use my iPhone app but the code never works.  I hate Verizon.  CS stinks and nothing works as advertised.

0 Likes
unpluggedzett
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have abandoned using the remote programming app. The range issue of the Verizon supplied router is a more compelling problem for me than being able to program when I am not home.  Thanks to all for responding to my question.  I wish Verizon would have disclosed this in the app store and it would have saved me some time.

0 Likes