Remote programming
dez201980
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can I get my remote to control turning the TV on and off. It did originally, but we just got a new TV, and now it won't do it anymore

0 Likes
Re: Remote programming
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Hi... what is the brand of the new TV?

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Here is the link for the most common remote control that verizon uses http://onlinehelp.verizon.net/consumer/bin/pdf/philips%20rc1445302%20user%20guide.pdf.  This will give you all the codes to program you televison.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@VZ_Frank wrote:

Here is the link for the most common remote control that verizon uses http://onlinehelp.verizon.net/consumer/bin/pdf/philips%20rc1445302%20user%20guide.pdf.  This will give you all the codes to program you televison.

Frank,

Unfortunately if you go look at the properties of that document it is dated 11/16/2007. Some (many?) TVs produced since that was written use different codes that are not shown. Here is a link to a Verizon web page that I think is easier to read and with hopefully some additional codes: Link

If they cannot find a code in the booklet or the web page, people can go through the search function on the remote and sometimes find the code that way, but even that often doesn't work for newer TVs. I think it is way past time for Verizon to publish an updated set of codes, at least on the website. And they should put a "last updated" date on there so we will have some idea how current the list is.

Additionally I have seen posts where people say that even when they get a code that is supposed to work for a specific TV, that the Verizon remote they have will not accept it. I cannot attest to the accuracy of this, but multiple people have said it. Verizon needs to figure out how to deliver remotes to people that will work with newer TVs.

Would you be willing to lead the charge? Or find someby who will? This needs to be addressed. Thanks.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

If none of the codes worked, try the following procedure. (As before, we will use the example of a TV. For other devices use the appropriate Device Key instead of the TV key in step 2 and 3.) TV key. TV key, press OK. 9 - 2 - 2. .) OK to store this code.

Note: There are over 200 TV and DVD codes. The most common codes are tried first, but you may still need to press over 200 times to find the right code. If you reach the end of the list of codes the entire remote will flash twice and return to normal operation. You can exit programming at any time by pressing

Exit.

dez201980 if this doesnt work please post(or private message me) the brand and model number of your televison, and i will do my best to get you the correct code thanks

1. Turn on your TV.

2. Press and hold the

3. While holding down the

4. Release both keys. The Device Keys will blink twice.

5. Press 9-2-2

6. Point the remote at the TV.

7. Press . play button

8. Press fast foward button. Every time you press the remote sends out a new power-off command to the TV. Keep pressing until the TV turns off. (You can press rewind button to go back)

9. When the TV turns off, you have found the right code. Press

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Justin,

Here is the most recent remote programming doc i could find, i hope this helps https://ats.verizon.com/Support/unprotected/tools/programmingyourremote/manufactures.aspx?tid=9&rid=...

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Frank,

When I follow the link from this thread (rather than the link in your PM where I get a certificate error from OpenDNS ) I get: "The service is not available. Please try again later."

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes