Replacement Battery for FIOS system: PX12072 12V, 7.2Ah
reefer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon wants $57+ for this replacement battery. Wouldn't you think Verizon could stock thousands of these batteries and sell them to their "customers" for a nominal amount????

NOPE !!!......

Try APEX BATTERY online. I just purchased one for $24.71, shipping included, UPS Ground, 10% discount after filling out order blank and waiting about 10 minutes while shopping for a better deal. Suddenly a window popped up and "Order Now and receive a 10% discount"  I ordered immediately. LESS THAN HALF PRICE !!  Plus..Verizon's on strike and you can't talk to anyone anyhow. VERIZON is a predator! Hope you find this tip useful. My battery DID last 5 years or so, and I got my money's worth. SImply type into your browser...."PX12072 APEX" and the first hit should be the battery you want.

Actually, ANY 12V, 7.2Ah backup battery would work. Just strap it to your wall and plug it in.

Also, when your replace the cover to the unit, after putting the new battery in, throw the screw away.

It's just somethin else to take up your time the next time....the cover won't fall off!! 

0 Likes
Re: Replacement Battery for FIOS system: PX12072 12V, 7.2Ah
reefer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I had my FIOS installed 5 or 6 years ago Verizon has come up with a new BBU call, a "just inside" unit. Will Verizon replace my older unit with the newer unit for FREE?   And, if so, will this prevent me from having to "REBOOT" my system every time I lose power in my house. This rebooting has become a pain !!!!

0 Likes
CCCM

Before replacing battery, check the contacts first. Do not disconnect the contacts to the battery; simply pull the single connector out from the box on the side away from the battery, jiggle the battery contacts, and re-connect.  You might see a small spark, but that is harmless unless you have gas or gasoline fumes.  The green light will come on, and you are good to go until that contact goes bad again.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Last time I looked they were $34.99

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayDetails

Other Items you may find useful.

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/ShowCart

I have not had to buy one, but Batteries Plus is a good store. if you have one near by. That is where I get my UPS batteries.

0 Likes