Reset Remote DVR Number
djgva
Enthusiast - Level 2
When first installed I loaded the Dvr app on my Blackberry. Now that I have the upgraded DVR, it will not allow me on the STB to set my mobile number.

How do I clear the associated phone number from the old STB that is now in the mail so I can get a new access code for my phone?
0 Likes
Re: Reset Remote DVR Number
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello,

You can try the following:

Press Menu on the Verizon Remote
Press the arrow button down to highlight Settings
Press ok
Press the arrow button down to highlight Fios TV Remote DVR Access
Press ok or Press the arrow key to the right and select Mobile Access
Enter Parental Control Pin
Enter the mobile number and you should receive your conformation code

I sent you a private message to assist if this does not resolve the trouble.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
fuzeboxny

I have the same problem -- when I put in the cell phone number it says that "TN already registered to another device" same customer.  I deleted the Fios App from the BBerry and reinstalled it but that did not work -- the app works but it is not connecting to the unit and the error message above appears on screen.  It looks like the original box is still somehow associated with the cell number -- how can this be cleared so that the remote Dvr can work again with the new box and BB.  Thanks.

0 Likes
mdsteveb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having exactly the same problem.

I got a DVR upgrade, replacing the original DVR.  On the new DVR when I attempt to set the mobile number for remote access, it tells me the number is already in use and aborts.  The old DVR has already been returned and ought to be off the books...

Is there a way to reset it or do I have to call support?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes