Resolution on new hd settop box
Hairdad45
Enthusiast - Level 2
Installed yesterday and it has 1080 or 720. On 720 only uses half the 32" lcd. @ 1080 its so big you cant see the time on the right of the guide. Tried all combinations with the tv. No change. Worked perfectly with the old box. Also has to update box every other time you turn it on. Not liking Verizon, with the fact that the picture consantly pixilates. Their advice? Check your wires.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Resolution on new hd settop box
Hairdad45
Enthusiast - Level 2
Same on both boxes. THANKS for commenting signal and connection only common ground is boxes in garage. I'll buy that since I don't even have a stable wifi signal. I do better @ starbucks. How do I go about getting it checked out.? and THANKS for commenting.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Its not Verizon its the TV, you have to change the screen settings from zoom to normal or which ever you perfer. There are also more settings in the STB under video settings.As for the updates it will do that because its a new box and it has to load up all the new updates till it gets caught up with the updates.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The TV pixelates when the signal to the STB is too low or there is a loose connection.

0 Likes
Hairdad45
Enthusiast - Level 2
Same on both boxes. THANKS for commenting signal and connection only common ground is boxes in garage. I'll buy that since I don't even have a stable wifi signal. I do better @ starbucks. How do I go about getting it checked out.? and THANKS for commenting.
0 Likes
Hairdad45
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks Silverado 4x4
0 Likes
nico213
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem with pixelaitng and after talking to tech support it was decided a new box was the answer. I get the new box overnighted and received the next day. Now a month later the box starts to go again this time it is continually updating only to shut off. Talked to support and trying to understand someome on the phone with an accent is bad enuf but to hear some language being spoken in background so loud I had a hard time hearing what was said. AGAIN, it was decided a new box was in order, I just got one a month or so ago and it was overnighted to my address to be received the next day by 12pm(I guess this is 12 noon?) I checked ealry Saturday morning, 10 am March 14 2015, and received a notice from UPS they were given the wrong addrerss and were trying to confirm it ? I called them at 10am and gave them my address which seems they had me living in NO. Providence and not Providence which is funny as a delivery was sent to me just a month earlier with THAT address and no problems there. I was told by UPS they were given the wrong address from Verizon but talking to Verizon tech I was told the address given to UPS was the address they have so who is not paying attention? NOW they said the box will be delivered same day Sat March 14 2015 by 7pm. Wait it is not over! I received an update that it cannot be delivered because incomplete address form UPS which says Verithey got address from Verizon?!? Now it is Monday the 16 March and I get email saying it is on route...no wait another update saying it is at the warehouse pending adress correction and will be delivered March 17, 2015? REALLY VERIZON AND UPS? Do you both know what you are doing or is this now the normal protocol for overnifghting a box to a customer? I was told NOW that I could pick up the box in WARWICK RI but then told them I do not drive being disabled and unable to the response was OH? I got a better idea come Dec 21 2015 my contract runs out with VERIZON as it is 2 yrs and I go somewhere else Too bad Verizon you are going to lose a good customer who pays their bills on time and in full but I guess that really don't matter too much to you as I have been without the box now since Friday March 13, 2015 to whenever it comes Tuedsday? mabye? hopefully? Really don't cane now? the 17 March 2015 which is close to 5 days! You don't have to wait that long for me to pay my bill but I have to wait for a replacement box! there I'm done .......for good!

0 Likes