SAP on Unimas doesn't work for MLS on Friday
scottpr
Enthusiast - Level 1
If you have tried to watch MLS on Friday this season and noticed that you don't get SAP (English), you may want to give Verizon a call. They can't seem to fix it, but since you haven't had the programming you've paid for, you can request a partial refund.

This hasn't worked since March, so it's a few months of missed programming. I've spent way too much time on the phone with them, but I'd like to spread the word about the issue so you don't have to. If this has affected you call about your bill.
0 Likes
Re: SAP on Unimas doesn't work for MLS on Friday
dwarak
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Univision Deportes channels (1524/1539) do not have a second audio track, just the primary Spanish one, at least on FiOS at this moment. Local UniMas affiliates may or may not have secondary tracks, it depends on who runs the station in your local area and how they have their equipment configured. Here in Dallas, the UniMas station is owned and operated by Univision and has a secondary track (didn't catch the MLS game so I don't know if it was in English). The NYC and LA stations are also O&Os and should presumably have a second track. The affiliates in Boston, DC/Baltimore, and Tampa are run by Entravision, and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't.

Re: SAP on Unimas doesn't work for MLS on Friday
scottpr
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm in the LA area. The Unimas broadcasters do provide the secondary audio in English, at least for all other cable providers in the area. So they provide it, just Verizon doesn't get it or their network doesn't handle it correctly. All levels of Verizon technical support didn't seem to understand the issue, and took 2 months to even reach out to Unimas about the issue. I know the broadcaster in my area is providing English, I just couldn't get Verizon to address the problem.

Regardless of these details, be sure to get your refund if you're not getting what you paid for. If my only other option wasn't Time Warner I'd switch, since my main reason for cable is to watch sports.
0 Likes