SOME HD CHANNELS "NOT AVAILABLE"
stephzoz

Have an HD DVR where some channels (in the 600's) are giving me a "Channel is Currently Unavailable" message.  I have gone through the troubleshooting steps through the DVR menu to no avail.  I've called the number provided and worked through the steps with the automated menu to no avail.  Any other suggestions???

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: SOME HD CHANNELS "NOT AVAILABLE"
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Tune to that bad station and get the message 

when you have the message hit menu and go down to customer support 

select the in home agent and then select network diagnostics

hit ok to start it and when it's finished hit info to get technical details.  What is the first video signal thing say.  it should give you an SNR number.   you want that number to be between 32 and 36. 

If it's in that range then you can try rebooting the box (pulling the plug on it and waiting about a minute or two and then plugging it back in)

if it's below that number then that indicates a bad cabling situation.  Sometimes it's as easy enough to fix as unhooking the coax cable from the RF IN or FIOS TV IN plug on the back of your cable box.  Make sure to also do that at the wall.  make sure the copper pin isn't bent or wiggly or loose, and re hook it back in nice and snug (hand tightness is fine, but make sure it's in good)

if that doesn't fix it, then it might be a bad cable altogether and if it's short enough for you to replace, pick up a new one.  they are pretty cheap if you shop smart.  www.monoprice.com has unbelievable prices.  You want a tri or quad shielded RG6 cable. 

there is an off chance that it's the splitter that it's plugged into, but if the problem is on just one cable box, then it's likely just a bad run of cable or a loose cable.  

let us know what the SNR's look like, that number kind of tells a majority of the story.