STB Doesn't Show Online or with Mobile App
ItsLunchBOX

A couple weeks ago I started having a problem where I could not look at my Home Media DVR from the Verizon website.  On the website it would not show any DVRs listed when it used to show my Home Media DVR and a regular STB.  I could also no longer see what was recorded already or set any new recordings. 

A short time after that I noticed that the FiOS Mobile app on my Android phone also stopped being able to connect to my DVRs as well to manage things. 

I tried to run the VZ In Home Agent as I have had success with it in the past.  Unfortunately, all I ever receive is messages that the service is "temporarily unavailable" any time I try to run it.

I tried to live chat with technical support on the verizon webpage.  When I try it is within the hours for support and says live chat is available, then for some reason it says not available and I cannot love chat. 

I tried to send an email to tech support.  However, their email form on this website has a nice little habit of re-directing you to their useless knowledge base any time yous elect anything for technical support from their email form for contact. 

I have reset my router and reset my Home Media DVR and STB, still it is not working.  When I log into my Verizon router it shows both the home Media DVR and STB as connected.  I can also stream video from my Home Media DVR to my STB so I know they are on the network and talking to each other. 

I am fairly tech savvy and do not wish to speak with tech support over the phone.  I also work in a tech support call center and spend all day on the phone with customers so I do not wish to come home and spend more time on the phone.

If someone could please at least point me in the right direction I know I can fix this, I just don't know what the problem could be.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: STB Doesn't Show Online or with Mobile App
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

Try factory default'ing the router then doing the activation thru the Fios TV Central website.

Do not edit any router settings between those two steps.

You can default the router by holding down the red recessed reset button on the back for at least 5 seconds while it's on.

0 Likes
nXt1
Contributor - Level 1

Did you try to redo the remote dvr access on the STB?

Menu/Settings/Remote DVR Access.

Select Web Access.

DISABLE IT.

exit out of menus, reset/reboot/unplug the STB, then when it's powered back up, go back to the Remote DVR Access, and re-enable WEB Access, and re-authorize it on he website it gives you on the TV with the confirmation code.

0 Likes
ItsLunchBOX

they already showed as not activated.  tried to activate it again, no go for my Android Phone and the Web access said it would take 24-48 hours to activate but nothing yet.  that was the same night as the orignal post.  My Set top boxes not show up online but the DVR option is no longer there and I cannot manage my STBs.

0 Likes
theonlymember

Same thing happens with me.

I used to have online Remote DVR access until about 4/15, when I had to reset my router.

Then on April 20th, I downloaded the iPhone App.  It never receives information from my DVR.  I log into the website and I no longer have online Remote DVR access.  On the 20th, I request access to the online Remote DVR.  I also noticed that my location was wrong.  Its been 4 days and still no online Remote DVR access or iPhone app access.

0 Likes
ItsLunchBOX

Did anybody ever find a reslution to this?  I am still having these issues.  I factory defaulted my router and the in home agent still does not work as well as remote dvr either from the web or my android phone. 

of course, now I am not sure if I have all the ports forwarding right...

0 Likes