STB partially unresponsive
nbrsguy

STB responds only to TV off/on and Volume input. It will not respond to Guide, Menu or channel numeric input. But picture and sound appear to be normal when manually accessed by hands on box panel input. Remote works 100% on other tv with set top and the other tv displays the same issue when attached to the problem location cable and STB. And yes I have switched out the STB with Verizon. Can this be anything else than my cable/box connection point?

0 Likes
Re: STB partially unresponsive
PJL
Master - Level 3

@nbrsguy wrote:

STB responds only to TV off/on and Volume input. It will not respond to Guide, Menu or channel numeric input. But picture and sound appear to be normal when manually accessed by hands on box panel input. Remote works 100% on other tv with set top and the other tv displays the same issue when attached to the problem location cable and STB. And yes I have switched out the STB with Verizon. Can this be anything else than my cable/box connection point?

It could be IR interference caused by you TV (plasma or LCD).  There are threads about this type of problem on this forum  or do a web search for "IR remote control interference."

0 Likes