STB randomly turning itself on and off...
kearneys1

My DVR stb is randomly turning itself on and off.  I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, didn't change anything.  The last time Verizon told me to reset my router to correct a problem, it didn't correct it and it screwed up the security settings on my wireless network, so I'd rather not do that again.

0 Likes
Re: STB randomly turning itself on and off...
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@kearneys1 wrote:

My DVR stb is randomly turning itself on and off.  I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, didn't change anything.  The last time Verizon told me to reset my router to correct a problem, it didn't correct it and it screwed up the security settings on my wireless network, so I'd rather not do that again.

There is a a lot of reports of DVR's that use parental controls and the dvr's rebooting themselves.

Verizon is still trying to pinpoint the issue, and so far it has to do with the router or the moca connection, so it's a work in progress,  I can ask my friend over there for more information to see if there is anything more that has developed, but if you don't have parental controls set then this may not apply to you.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

is it flashing DUI on the display?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

*edit,

It appears that it isn't the parental controls in the dvr itself but parental controls in the router itself.   so if you have parental controls in there then that may be part of it, and you can clear those settings by factory resetting possibly,    the vz guy didn't have a full status update other than its a problem so far in the router.

0 Likes
chris_wlkr

I have a similar issue but only with my HD Set Box.

It will turn itself off and on again over and over if I turn my television off. It has done it since it was installed back in January.

I have two standard boxes in the other rooms and they do not have this issue.

I simply power off the STB and let the Verizon message float around my tv since the box clicking on and off is rather loud when my family is asleep.

I plan on upgrading to the HD DVR Media Home set up so hopefully this will not be an issue then.

0 Likes