• Services  

Order Services

See All Plans & Bundles

Special Deals

Moving Made Easy

Current Customers

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Find out which Verizon services are available at your address.

• My Verizon  

Email & Calls

Check Email

Verizon Visual 411

Bill & Payment

View Bill

Pay Bill

Pay Final Bill

Manage Auto Pay

Manage Paper Free Billing

My Services

Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
kearneys1
0 Kudos

STB randomly turning itself on and off...

My DVR stb is randomly turning itself on and off.  I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, didn't change anything.  The last time Verizon told me to reset my router to correct a problem, it didn't correct it and it screwed up the security settings on my wireless network, so I'd rather not do that again.

Platinum Contributor I
Hubrisnxs
0 Kudos

Re: STB randomly turning itself on and off...

kearneys1 wrote:

My DVR stb is randomly turning itself on and off.  I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, didn't change anything.  The last time Verizon told me to reset my router to correct a problem, it didn't correct it and it screwed up the security settings on my wireless network, so I'd rather not do that again.

There is a a lot of reports of DVR's that use parental controls and the dvr's rebooting themselves.

Verizon is still trying to pinpoint the issue, and so far it has to do with the router or the moca connection, so it's a work in progress,  I can ask my friend over there for more information to see if there is anything more that has developed, but if you don't have parental controls set then this may not apply to you.

Gold Contributor I
spacedebris
0 Kudos

is it flashing DUI on the display?

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
Platinum Contributor I
Hubrisnxs
0 Kudos

*edit,

It appears that it isn't the parental controls in the dvr itself but parental controls in the router itself.   so if you have parental controls in there then that may be part of it, and you can clear those settings by factory resetting possibly,    the vz guy didn't have a full status update other than its a problem so far in the router.

Contributor
chris_wlkr
Device: FIOS
0 Kudos

I have a similar issue but only with my HD Set Box.

It will turn itself off and on again over and over if I turn my television off. It has done it since it was installed back in January.

I have two standard boxes in the other rooms and they do not have this issue.

I simply power off the STB and let the Verizon message float around my tv since the box clicking on and off is rather loud when my family is asleep.

I plan on upgrading to the HD DVR Media Home set up so hopefully this will not be an issue then.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411