Re: Samsung Smart TV FiOS App not working
mdak4321

hey guys, 

Like all of you i remembered having fios app on my samsung tv though i hadent used it in awhile. today i moved that tv to somewhere without a cable connection so i decided to fire up my smart hub to look for it. Low and behold it was gone and searching the marketplace turned up nothing. So i went with my plan b, i tried airplay mirroring my jailbroken ipad with a tweak that allows for almost anything to be played on the tv. Unfortunately fios is one of the only apps the tweak cant side step and it sends an error saying fios mobile doesnt support video out. My optimum app at my other house works with this tweak but wont airplay natively on stock iOS. Same thing with an hdmi adapter, both did not work. After getting frustrated, i tried one final solution. Using my rooted and custom romed nexus 7 2012 model, I chromecast mirrored my Android screen and loaded up the Fios mobile app. Presto, that worked! Currently this is the only method ive figured out on how to get fios on the big screen without a set top box. Of course there is also the xbox 360 app and xbox one app as well which work but i didnt want to move them from my gaming room and tv. Hopefully Verizon and Samsung will work to get the app back on smart hub but as of now this is the only solution ive found. My nexus 7 doesnt support hdmi out so i couldnt test if that works but i would assume so. So it looks like our only solution is Android or Xbox to use as a set top box

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Smart TV FiOS App not working
dscotten
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! You are very helpful. I tried all of this with the IPad also, but I have not tried it with my Android phone. I wonder if it would work? I encourage us all to comment on both of these organizations facebook page as well....or we could begin some sort of petition. Right now I will not purchase anything from either verizon of samsung. They are simply not listening and do not really care about good service, it appears. 

@mdak4321 wrote:

hey guys, 

Like all of you i remembered having fios app on my samsung tv though i hadent used it in awhile. today i moved that tv to somewhere without a cable connection so i decided to fire up my smart hub to look for it. Low and behold it was gone and searching the marketplace turned up nothing. So i went with my plan b, i tried airplay mirroring my jailbroken ipad with a tweak that allows for almost anything to be played on the tv. Unfortunately fios is one of the only apps the tweak cant side step and it sends an error saying fios mobile doesnt support video out. My optimum app at my other house works with this tweak but wont airplay natively on stock iOS. Same thing with an hdmi adapter, both did not work. After getting frustrated, i tried one final solution. Using my rooted and custom romed nexus 7 2012 model, I chromecast mirrored my Android screen and loaded up the Fios mobile app. Presto, that worked! Currently this is the only method ive figured out on how to get fios on the big screen without a set top box. Of course there is also the xbox 360 app and xbox one app as well which work but i didnt want to move them from my gaming room and tv. Hopefully Verizon and Samsung will work to get the app back on smart hub but as of now this is the only solution ive found. My nexus 7 doesnt support hdmi out so i couldnt test if that works but i would assume so. So it looks like our only solution is Android or Xbox to use as a set top box

0 Likes