Samsung Soundbar remote code?
ninjaturtlerich

Hello,

I just purchased the Samsung 2.1 Sound Bar Home Theater System model HW-C451 and there is no code available in the Verizon multi function (New Version) multiroom HD DVR remote (Philips RC 1445302 Remote).  I even cycled through the 300+ code function with no luck.  Is Verizon going to add this to the list anytime soon?  This Samsung system is quite popular and I am sure I am not the only FIOS customer with this issue.

Thank you,

Rich

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Soundbar remote code?
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@ninjaturtlerich wrote:

Hello,

I just purchased the Samsung 2.1 Sound Bar Home Theater System model HW-C451 and there is no code available in the Verizon multi function (New Version) multiroom HD DVR remote (Philips RC 1445302 Remote).  I even cycled through the 300+ code function with no luck.  Is Verizon going to add this to the list anytime soon?  This Samsung system is quite popular and I am sure I am not the only FIOS customer with this issue.

Thank you,

Rich

Actually, that is the old version. The new remote is the P265v1.1.  But the new remote does not have the ability to be programmed to anything other than a TV. It's a 2 function remote. The one you have is a 4 function remote.

If you've already gone through the 300 codes, then that remote will never work with your soundbar. And with Verizon discontinuing the 4 function remote in favor of the 2 function. Then it is likely that Verizon will never have a remote that works with your soundbar.

Your best option is to get a 3rd party universal remote that will work with your soundbar and program it to control the Verizon STB. The Verizon STB uses standard Motorola Codes, so nearly every universal remote can be programmed to control it.

0 Likes