Sanyo DP42840 / Motorola QIP7232-2 audio issues
dcymbal
Hi,  I am having an annoying problem and looking for some troubleshooting tips.

TV is a Sanyo DP42840 connected to a Motorola QIP7232-2 HD set top via HDMI.

I have an issue that happens probably 40-50% of the time either watching live TV or shows recorded on the DVR (in my experience mostly HD since that's what I watch, not sure if it is also an issue with SD). When transitioning from the program to a commercial, the audio will get corrupted.  I would describe it as "pulsating", "choppy", "modulating" or "staccato".

This will resolve by itself if leave it alone long enough (usually within 45 seconds to a minute), or if I switch the channel and return back immediately, or if I pause/play the DVR.

To my ignorant self it seems like the commercial "signal" is somehow different from the main program and the transition confuses the TV (?) until it can resync or reset itself?

I never have experienced an audio issue watching a DVD or blue ray through this TV.

Any tips for resolving or narrowing down the issue?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Sanyo DP42840 / Motorola QIP7232-2 audio issues
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

TV's with automatic audio adjustments will detect changes in the audio signal and make changes as appropriate. This would explain why it happens when commecials come on and it corrects it self after a while. Please check your TV audio settings and disabled or modify any automatic audio changing/enhancement settings.

0 Likes